To see other DBA job opportunities,
please visit http://dba.fyicenter.com/
1. Analyzes, designs, develops and implements the most complex solutions, modifications, or enhancements to existing hardware/software applications or a suite of integrated systems for the company and/or a particular business unit. Identifies and defines new hardware/software technologies to fit specialized business needs and configurations.
2. Designs, develops, tests, debugs, documents, and implements the most complex hardware/software components, tools, and utilities including databases, middleware, and personal computer systems.
3. Executes all aspects of the most complex systems hardware/software engineering projects, which involve multiple disciplines and platforms and impact multiple business units or perhaps the entire company.
4. Executes configuration management, technical vendor management, problem mitigation, change management, and critical situation management to the most complex systems as well as their multiple platforms and software applications.
5. Leads in the configuration/capacity planning, software product evaluation, systems performance analysis and optimizations for software/hardware systems.
6. Provides consultation and technical expertise to senior management on the most complex systems integration, compatibility, expandability, ease of use, and multiple platform issues as they relate to hardware/software.
7. Plans and conducts the most complex software/hardware product evaluations; develops and recommends technical strategies and solutions to senior management. Leads in assessments of risk, cost, and return on investment scenarios and impact as well as potential compatibility issues with existing hardware/software.
8. Installs the most complex hardware/software products by analyzing the current system environment, using technical tools and utilities, performing the most complex product customization, and developing implementation and verification procedures to ensure successful installation of systems hardware/software.
9. Designs, develops, tests, selects and implements new technical strategies, solutions, products and servers in relation to hardware/software operating systems and applications.
10. Conducts long-term strategic planning activities for the development and implementation of hardware/software systems architecture and technical guidelines. Responsible for the selection, directions and performance of engineering activities and analysis studies. Collaborates with Architects to develop short and long term technology roadmaps.
11. Ensures the currency of each environment through analysis and implementation of remediation plans.
12. Drives solution improvements through optimization, enhancements, and implementation of new features and functions.
13. Determines systems hardware/software requirements and design. Assists in the development and management of project budgets and deployment including the training and development of personnel.
14. Acts as a source of direction, training and guidance for less experienced staff.
15. Performs all other duties as assigned.
Education: Undergraduate studies in computer science, management information systems, or a related field is strongly preferred.
To apply for this position, please visit
DBA FYI Center