To see other DBA job opportunities,
please visit http://dba.fyicenter.com/
1. Assist development team with database development tasks: data modeling, stored procedures, functions, table design, etc.
2. Support databases and related architectures in the production environments to ensure high availability
3. Plan, design, analyze, and provide technical support for data in a hosted and local environment.
4. Function as Database Technical Liaison to development product families.
5. Conduct research and evaluation of Database systems and recommend purchase or upgrade of equipment or environment.
* Function as a liaison between IT and product family teams to streamline product implementations, design and processes.
* Assist in defining requirements and test cases for database components.
* Configuration of, and ongoing optimization of database servers from development thru production environments
* Find automation opportunities for manual data processes.
* Design and assist in data migration and conversion during product upgrades.
* Help define and enforce database standards, policies and guidelines.
* Implement database maintenance, backup and recovery plans.
* Work as a team member with other technical staff, to ensure smooth operation between systems.
* Work with vendors when needed to resolve complex problems.
* Maintain confidentiality with regard to the information being processed, stored or accessed.
1. Bachelor’s Degree in information technology or computer science plus at least 4 – 6 years of MSSQL Server experience .
2. Strong technical orientation experience working with relational data modeling principles and techniques, de-normalized data structures, ad hoc query/reporting environment, MSSQL Server 2005/2008, and Microsoft Windows 2003/2008 Server.
3. Proven ability to diagnose and solve performance problems in large SQL Server 2005/2008 databases.
4. Ability to work in a team environment.
5. Demonstrated organizational skills and problem solving.
To apply for this position, please visit
DBA FYI Center