To see other DBA job opportunities,
please visit http://dba.fyicenter.com/
Senior DB2 DBA
- DB2 software installation and maintenance in an AIX environment.
- DB2 instance creation and maintenance.
- DB2 DB creation and maintenance.
- DB2 Q replication installation and maintenance and support on a UDB/AIX environment.
- DB2 client installation and configuration support.
- DB2 security investigation and implementation.
- Trouble shoot and resolve any problems connecting to DB2 servers.
- Support developers in performance tuning and query rewrite in a few very large, continually growing UDB/AIX ODS/NCR and data warehouse databases.
- Monitor, recommend and implement changes and enhancement to the Database/server environment especially in regards to the area of table spaces and their growth, partitioning, index management, LUN layout and memory allocation in order to achieve maximum performance.
- Proactively monitor and make strategic plans to address issues before they become problems.
- Cross train with other DBAs to exchange experience and learn other database environments to cross cover each other.
- Covers other DBAs in UDB/AIX or Microsoft SQL Server operations in emergency.
- Share alternating on call 24by7 DBA support with other DBAs.
- Knowledge of MDC, MQT and UDB/AIX range partitioning is a plus.
- Data Warehouse and Informatica experience is a plus.
- Experience with DB2 V9.5.3 LBAC is a plus.
- Experience with DB2 Q replication, also called InfoSphere Q replication, is a plus.
- Knowledge and capability of Korn shell and Perl script is a plus.
- Experience with JDBC and WAS connections to UDB/AIX is a plus.
- The person should be highly self motivated, task oriented and capable of working independently in carrying out tasks and trouble shooting.
- Knowledge of Informatica, Business Objective and Hyperion will be plus.
- Microsoft SQL Server and database administration experience is a plus.
To apply for this position, please visit
DBA FYI Center