To see other DBA job opportunities,
please visit http://dba.fyicenter.com/
SQL Database Administrator
* Design, Install, configure, support, and manage SQL servers and databases in clustered and standalone environments.
* Manage and test backup/recovery policies and procedures.
* Responsible for SQL Server database upgrades/patches.
* Proactively manage database support issues and effectively take corrective actions.
* Resolve user and system incidents and alerts; participate in 24x7 on call.
* Responsible for the scaling and availability of SQL Server databases.
* Develop stored procedures and scripting to automate databases tasks.
* Develop interfaces and integrations with other applications and RDBMS (Oracle and MySQL).
* Work collaboratively with the development, business analyst teams and end users during all stages of projects.
* 5+ years database management experience with a strong understanding of SQL Server 2005/2008 in clustered environments.
* Good working experience with relational database architecture and database. implementations/monitoring/maintenance with the primary focus on SQL Server.
* Good working experience troubleshooting database performance and scaling problems; good knowledge with handling traces, performance monitoring, and blocking issues.
* Good working knowledge with database tools to manage, support, scale and enable highly available databases.
* Working experience in a distributed SQL Server environment that supports high-volume transactions in geographic locations.
* Good working experience with database backup, recovery, replication, database clusters and service broker environments.
* Must be able to work in a team environment.
* Experience with Oracle and MySQL is a plus.
* Bachelor's degree in MIS, Information Technology, Computer Science or a related degree.
* 5+ years’ experience with database administration with strong diagnostic and analytical skills.
* Demonstrated experience managing SQL clusters and fault tolerant database environments.
* Self-motivated and passionate about the database administration role.
* Solid expertise with database technology with hands-on experience in SQL Server technologies and tools.
* Solid knowledge and hands-on experience with SQL server management tools and SQL procedures.
* Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal).
* Good ability to explain database technology, methodology, processes, tools, templates, environments, and concepts to team members.
To apply for this position, please visit
DBA FYI Center