To see other DBA job opportunities,
please visit http://dba.fyicenter.com/
Teradata Database Administrator
• Participates in the logical database design
• Converts logical database design to physical database for implementation.
• Ensures all design standards and best practices are followed.
• Implements database backup and recovery procedures using NetVault.
• Performs database recoveries
• Understands principals and techniques involved in WLM/priority scheduler.
• Implements database security procedures
• Provides on call support for IT database issues.
• Performs Teradata database software upgrades as needed.
• Monitors database performance and usage utilizing Viewpoint and PDCR.
• Makes or recommends database and SQL performance improvements as needed.
• Modifies database structures to support added functionality
• Experience in utilizing ETL/ELT/Fastload/Multiload
• Modifies database indexing to maintain optimal data access and distribution
• Assists applications development with efficient database access for optimal performance
• Minimum of two to three years Teradata DBA experience
• Provide Unix shell script support
• Basic knowledge of Windows, Excel and Word
• Good verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to work with minimal supervision
• Ability to work with other members of IT in a team setting.
• Previous experience as an Teradata developer preferred
To apply for this position, please visit
DBA FYI Center