To see other DBA job opportunities,
please visit http://dba.fyicenter.com/
SQL Database Developer
* Assist in the Architecting, design & development of the Strategic .NET based Application Suite using SQL Server 2008 and 2012
* Design, Develop and Maintain Database Applications. Create Database scripts for Data Migration, Maintenance and bug fixes.
* Design Logical and Physical Modeling for Existing/New Database Modules.
* Develop Efficient SQL queries, T-SQL / PL-SQL scripting.
* Working with other technical teams and come up with Database best practices as per Industry standards.
* Perform Research and Development on newest technical components and make recommendations on advanced Query techniques, Indexing, Partitioning strategies etc.
* Work closely with NASDAQ OMX business, infrastructure support and development teams
* Provide contributions to the database architecture with a focus on scalability, maintainability, security and performance
* Participate in all phases of the lifecycle of software application development with an emphasis on architecture, design, quality, code reviews and implementation
* 10+ years of enterprise-class web development experience
* Should have good experience in designing and implementing SQL server database.
* Hands on experience with ER tools, physical design & logical design of databases.
* Good experience in all aspects of database programming and analysis, including design factors, software requirements, systems facilities and execution protocols.
* Expertise in SQL programming, stored procedure creation and optimization, as well as script writing, batch processing, data modeling and report generation.
* Experience with architecture design of multi-tiered client/server applications.
* Good experience with distributed databases like SQL, NOSQL, SQL Azure, SQL Server 2005-2008-2012 Development (including stored procedures, performance tuning, functions, views, triggers, efficient SQL coding, indexing).
* Good experience on scaling multi-terabyte databases and clustered implementations is required. Experience with multi data-center replication is preferred.
* Hands on experience in SQL programming language and MS SQL server development and administrative tools is required.
* Familiarity with performance analysis of a web application
* Experience with Agile/SCRUM methodologies
* Effective problem solving and risk assessment skills
* Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
* Bachelor's degree, preferably in Computer Science, MIS, or Engineering
* Working knowledge with MYSQL, Database tools (TOAD / Sql-Developer, etc..)
* Working knowledge with Unix is a plus
* MS Visio, ERwin (or similar Data Modeling tool) , TFS 2010
To apply for this position, please visit
DBA FYI Center