To see other DBA job opportunities,
please visit http://dba.fyicenter.com/
SQL Server Database Administrator
- Evaluate and analyze the implementation of new database technologies. Work with System Administrators on capacity planning, hardware configurations and database deployments.
- Design, develop and maintain data standards, data models, database security and backup/restore policies.
- Develop scripts for schema changes and back end stored procedures for data manipulation.
- Proactively monitor database for performance tuning and optimization to eliminate performance bottlenecks. Maintain the development, testing, and pre-production database environments through ongoing design and implementation of database processes, schema and environmental changes.
- Manage database version releases into many environments from development through production. Continually improve deployment processes.
- Rotation on a tier 4 production support team.
- 3 years experience in database design and implementation for OLTP and OLAP systems
- Experience with MS Sql Server 2008 and itís feature set
- Demonstrated proficiency in T-SQL
- Database installation, patching and upgrades
- Database backup strategy and disaster recovery planning
- Server and query performance analysis
- Experience with Microsoft Clustering and SANs
- Experience working with Microsoft Entity Framework
- Database and code performance monitoring, tuning and optimization
- Automation of database maintenance tasks to support multiple environments including development, Test and production
- Standards and technical document creation and maintenance
- One on one support for development and test engineers
- Oracle experience a plus
To apply for this position, please visit
DBA FYI Center