To see other DBA job opportunities,
please visit http://dba.fyicenter.com/
Database Administrator (Oracle), Sr
* Certification in Oracle 10g or 11g.
* At least five plus years experience working as an Oracle DBA, in an enterprise environment, supporting more than 10 databases ranging to at least 1terabyte in size.
* Ability to develop and troubleshoot shell scripts as needed.
* Experience with RMAN and backup processes and procedures.
* Comfortable in a fast-paced high-energy environment with strong personal composure and crisis-management skills.
* Demonstrated, responsive and proactive communication skills (verbal and written) to succinctly and directly summarize and document issues, projects, protocols and processes including regular submission of clear, standardized reports to management and peers.
* Experience working with vendors to solve and escalate issues.
* Broad range of technical knowledge with demonstrated knowledge of ASM, RAC and GRID technologies, system architectures, networks, backups/storage and SAN environments.
* Strong knowledge of various operating system environments including UNIX and Linux (Redhat).
* Working knowledge of Disaster Recovery requirements and processes.
* Knowledge and experience with capacity planning as it pertains to databases.
* Ability to create, analyze and trouble-shoot queries.
* Ability to provide 7x24 on-call support.
* Excellent communication skills, working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, Internet navigation skills for problem diagnostics. Experience with ticket tracking systems such as Remedy. Additionally, candidate should possess a working knowledge of tools used in conjunction with system monitoring such as Sitescope. Understanding of Security concepts and devices including firewalls and IDS monitoring. Familiar with Microsoft SQL.
* Bachelors degree in Computer Science or similar program.
To apply for this position, please visit
DBA FYI Center