To see other DBA job opportunities,
please visit http://dba.fyicenter.com/
* Troubleshooting and resolving database issues
* Performance tuning and optimization
* Performing backups and restores
* Data recovery operations
* Working with development teams
* Responsible for monitoring database performance, writing and updating DDL (and possibly DML) statements/scripts, database creation, and for taking steps to ensure/increase database reliability.
* Manages database utilities and the relationships between the database users and applications. Manages the organization's databases across multiple platforms and computing environments.
* Design summary or aggregation tables to support analyses and develops policies and procedures.
* Collaborates with development and infrastructure staff to identify data relationships and functional requirements.
* Maintains database support tools, database tables and dictionaries, recovery and backup procedures.
* Analyzes, designs, creates and implements databases, including data models, logical and physical databases, data dictionaries and schemas, access methods, device allocations, validation checks, organization and security.
* Collaborates with database software vendors and external technical support on issues such as software upgrades, problems and potential solutions.
* Mentors junior staff
* Experience working with relational data modeling
* Experience working with relational databases such as SQL, Oracle, MySQL, Sybase, etc.
* Experience workign wtih database development methodologies, design and implementation.
* Degree in Computer Science, MIS or other related discipline, or equivalent work experience
* 8 to 10 years of relevant work experience
* Microsoft, Oracle or other professional DBA certification.
To apply for this position, please visit
DBA FYI Center