To see other DBA job opportunities,
please visit http://dba.fyicenter.com/
Database and Systems Administrator
- Troubleshoot problems, diagnose issues, and provider user support for Ellucian Banner, Banner applications, and Oracle databases;
- Manage and maintain Red Hat Enterprise Linux servers;
- Manage database and system security;
- Assist in data management tasks and serve as the primary contact for enterprise data access requests. Design and implement mechanisms to enable, automate, and audit enterprise data access.
- Other duties as required.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Education (including hardware, software, and equipment)
- Extensive experience with Oracle 11g.
- Familiarity with Ellucian/SunGard Banner, ODS, Cognos, BDMS or other Ellucian/SunGard ancillary systems.
- Basic understanding of TCP/IP networking and Linux systems administration.
- Excellent problem-solving, organizational, and communication skills.
Preferred/Desirable Knowledge, Skills, and Education (including hardware, software, and equipment)
- In-depth knowledge of Red Hat Linux systems administration.
- Experience with virtualization platforms, especially VMWare.
- Knowledge of MS-SQL server.
- Knowledge of PL-SQL scripting.
- Any programming experience, but preferably Groovy/Grails or Java.
Required Prior Work Experience
A minimum of five years’ experience managing SQL databases in a production environment, preferably Oracle in a Linux-based environment.
To apply for this position, please visit
DBA FYI Center