To see other DBA job opportunities,
please visit http://dba.fyicenter.com/
Oracle Database Systems Admin
* Ensures 24/7 availability production databases.
* Supports development, test, and production Oracle databases.
* Implements database backup, recovery procedures, and disaster recovery plans.
* Manages database security, logins, users, roles, and object permissions.
* Opens, manages, and resolves Oracle SR's.
* Performs other tasks as assigned consistent with this level of responsibility.
* 5-7+ years of experience in the applicable field. 2-3+ years of production support of Oracle RAC 10g/11g.
* Experience with Red Hat Linux.
* Experience tuning and supporting RDBMS in a customer facing, 24-7 environment.
* Ability to adapt to changes in information technology and quickly learn and utilize new database tools and methodologies.
* Ability to manage multiple projects and tasks simultaneously.
* Possess excellent analytical and problem solving abilities.
* Excellent oral and written communication skills.
* Ability to work independently with minimum supervision or work in a team-oriented project.
* Experience with monitoring tools, debugging tools.
* Strong scripting skills (Shell, Perl, CGI, etc).
* Very good understanding of current technology trends in the SaaS industry.
* Experience in data warehousing and/or with international expansion and data center scaling.
* Knowledge of Telecom/Wireless technology.
* Performance and benchmark experience.
* Knowledge or background in Device Management systems.
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related fields and/or equivalent experience. Advanced degree preferred.
To apply for this position, please visit
DBA FYI Center