To see other DBA job opportunities,
please visit http://dba.fyicenter.com/
• Works with others in IT to build the logical database area and provides technical guidance during all phases of the development process.
• Instructs and develops technical support and applications staff to better utilize on-line processing databases; provides and designs tools to assist in the management of the database and transaction processing environment; works to provide a working model of transaction processing for capacity assessment and planning.
• Forms a methodology of ongoing assessment of database performance and the identification of problem areas.
• Develops a security scheme for database environment; assists in disaster recovery if necessary.
• Provides leadership to applications, technical support and operations staff during the design, development and implementation of applications.
• Works with vendors in assessing and implementing new technologies.
• Designs logical and physical databases applying knowledge of database design standards.
• Determines if project requires creating series of new programs or modifying existing programs that access data stored in databases.
• Makes changes in the database such as defining, creating, revising, and controlling the databases.
• Determines and enters changes to data dictionary descriptions, including type, structure and intended use of data within the system using a computer or assigns data entry work to programmers.
• Develops data models describing data elements and how they are used.
• Creates descriptions to enable the programmers to understand how programs should access data.
• Writes descriptions of how users access data, referred to as logical database.
• Writes physical database description, such as location, space requirements, and access method, to protect enterprise data against unauthorized access and accidental destruction
• Adds, deletes, and modifies data items in the data dictionary.
Knowledge of the architecture, administration, infrastructure and tools for Oracle and other Relational Database Technologies.
• Knowledge of Oracle Enterprise Manager.
• Knowledge of multiple operating systems such as NT, MVS, LINUX, UNIX, and Microsoft Windows.
• Knowledge of the methodologies for data modeling in the design and creation of tables, relationships, indexes, unique constraints and capacity requirements.
• Knowledge of Oracle and other relational database performance tuning techniques.
• Knowledge of database security and auditing functions.
• Knowledge of computer systems, application integration, systems analysis and design, and application development and deployment.
• Knowledge of client/server technology, architecture, and standards.
• Skill with Oracle Designer, SQL, and PL/SQL
• Skill in written and verbal communications.
To apply for this position, please visit
DBA FYI Center