To see other DBA job opportunities,
please visit http://dba.fyicenter.com/
* Collaborates with other Information Technology associates and functional business teams to build, deliver, and support effective, creative data management solutions aligned to specified business initiatives.
* Creates, coordinates and administers databases, including base definition, structure documentation, operational guidelines, and security.
* Based upon management direction, plans and implements strategies for meeting data management needs.
* Monitors project deliverables, as directed, to ensure project and functional leaders receive accurate, timely updates as required.
* Applies established data management best practices and recommends improvements.
* Assists application support teams with third party application installations and upgrades.
* Produces essential reports on a daily, weekly, monthly or ad hoc as necessary.
* Assists with other information technology projects, as assigned, within the general scope of regularly assigned responsibilities and related qualifications.
* Adaptability - Maintaining effectiveness when experiencing significant changes in work responsibilities or environment; adjusting effectively to work within new work structures, processes, requirements, or cultures.
* Continuous Improvement - Originating action to improve existing conditions and processes; identifying improvement opportunities, generating ideas, and implementing solutions.
* Information Monitoring - Setting up ongoing procedures, processes, and applications to collect, review, and process information needed to manage an organization or ongoing activities within it.
* Technical-Professional Knowledge and Skills - Having achieved a satisfactory level of technical and professional skill or knowledge in position-related areas; keeping up with current developments and trends in areas of expertise.
* An accredited bachelorís degree in computer science, information technology, or related technology-based discipline required
* Expert understanding of all SQL Server tools including, but not limited to, Profiler/Management Studio/Enterprise Manager
* Proficient understanding of relational and dimensional data modeling
* Proficient understanding of replication, distributed systems performance tuning, and optimization
* Proficient understanding of project management principles, including the ability to respond as needed to complex, overlapping, evolving, and potentially conflicting priorities
To apply for this position, please visit
DBA FYI Center