To see other DBA job opportunities,
please visit http://dba.fyicenter.com/
* Administration of relational databases which includes day to administration, production support, back up and recover and monitoring the establishment of policies and procedures pertaining to database management, security, maintenance and utilization. Maintains integrity of files, file structures, databases, objects, processes, etc.
* Required: 6-10 years of previous job-related experience
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related area and five (5) or more years of related experience in one (1) or more relational database environments. Hands-on database administration experience in support of production environments and strong database language programming skills.
* Performs database administration activities for both lifecycle projects and production maintenance to ensure secure database systems with high performance.
* Provides technical assistance to systems and programming staff, and the information center, in configuration of databases and creation of new objects and elements.
* Assists in establishment of database administration guidelines and standards. Oversees day-to-day database administration activities and trains for less experienced technical staff.
* Coordinates operating system and hardware upgrades with System Programming staff.
* Installs and upgrades relational database servers and application tools.
* Develops system capacity plan and monitors disk space usage. Designs, develops, tests, and implements database high-availability backup and recovery processes.
*Assist s Senior DBAs is technology planning, database project implementations and db environment design.
*Maintains a working knowledge of applicable Federal, State and local laws and regulations, Trinity Health Corporate Integrity Program, Code of Ethics, as well as other policies and procedures in order to ensure adherence in a manner that reflects honest, ethical and professional behavior.
To apply for this position, please visit
DBA FYI Center