To see other DBA job opportunities,
please visit http://dba.fyicenter.com/
Oracle database Administrator
* Install, configure, monitor, upgrade and patch all Oracle database and Oracle Application instances in the enterprise.
* Install, configure and monitor all database back-up processes including RMAN, Archive Log generation/processing and stand-by databases.
* Works with Engineering staff in designing, purchasing, installing, maintaining and modifying all production and test database environments.
* Works with Development staff in all application interface design, installation, maintenance and troubleshooting.
* Manages all platform migrations and version upgrades to include coordination with Engineering and Development to export data from source environments ad import into target environments.
* Coordinate the installation, configuration and monitoring of both systems and business-level monitoring that provides 24*7*365 feedback on systems health.
* Design and develop custom software/production technology to meet LSIís business requirements.
* Design and implement solutions to solve business requirements using third-party hardware and software solutions.
* Document solutions and train LSI personnel on implemented solutions.
* Create/extend proprietary applications functionality using Oracle RDBMS, PL/SQL, Oracle Apps Forms, Concurrent Manager utilization and new Apps Responsibility registrations.
* Define, install, configure and maintain all associated Oracle reporting functionality based on the Discoverer Viewer and Discoverer Desktop tool set.
* Extend existing Oracle Apps functionality through altering forms, embedded form validations, and all related back-end objects.
* Analyze, plan and perform all Oracle database and Oracle Applications version upgrades.
* Bachelorís degree or directly related year for year experience
* 5 years experience designing and developing in the Oracle RDBMS environment
* 5 years experience installing, configuring, tuning and backing up Oracle databases
* 5 years experience installing, configuring, upgrading, patching and extending Oracle Applications
* 5 years experience with Oracle Applications to include Apache server/Oracle forms engine, Oracle forms development, Oracle Apps Concurrent Manager, Oracle Applications debugging, Oracle Apps environment parameters (e.g. C, C++, Shell Scripting, Internet, Web, HTTP, HTML, XML)
To apply for this position, please visit
DBA FYI Center