To see other DBA job opportunities,
please visit http://dba.fyicenter.com/
* Administer, maintain and support production and development Progress, Pervasive and SQL Server, databases
* Support application developers in problem determination regarding production and development database problems
* Complete performance analysis, optimization of stored procedures, triggers and other processes using database server resources. Tuning, enhancements and corrective actions will be coordinated with Sr. DBA.
* Monitor database for integrity, quality and security.
* Maintain database Operational, Security and Disaster Recovery standards & procedures.
* Oversee that all databases within authority are backed up every night and restores are tested quarterly.
* Serve as backup DBA for other NVR database disciplines. Learn administration of additional databases utilized in NVR’s environment.
* Perform operational tasks in change control process.
* Lead Small projects utilizing the NVR SDLC.
* 3+ years professional experience as Microsoft SQL Server Data Base Administrator
* Bachelor's degree (in Computer Science, Information Technology, or other related field) or equivalent work experience
* Progress database administration and 4GL experience
* Experience writing and supporting stored procedures
* Strong SQL Query Tuning experience
* Experience developing scripts utilizing Power Shell
* Proficiency with Windows Operating Systems and Windows Server services
* Responsibility for development and production environments
* Excellent oral and written communications skills.
* Experience with MS SQL Database Administration is a plus
* Experience with SSIS, Reporting Services, Hyperion, or DataStage is a plus
* Experience in Informix Database Administration is a plus
* Experience supporting .NET (C#, ASP) application development is a plus
* Superior customer service skills.
* Must be a self-starter with the ability to work independently as well as in a team environment.
To apply for this position, please visit
DBA FYI Center