To see other DBA job opportunities,
please visit http://dba.fyicenter.com/
1. Bachelorís Degree in Computer Science or related field and at least two (2) years of professional experience in Database Administration, including SQL databases such as MySQL, Microsoft SQL, Oracle, and PostgreSQL, and non-SQL databases such as Unidata, or equivalent experience.
2. Experience with a SQL programming language such as T-SQL, including SQL queries and stored procedure.
3. Experience with web-enabled enterprise applications, protocols and standards.
4. A minimum of two (2) years of experience with Linux and Windows server environments, including security, backup, recovery, automation, tuning, and command-line administration.
5. Knowledge of software development life cycles and methodologies.
6. Knowledge of IT project management tools and methodologies, including project charters, planning, work breakdown structures, risk analysis, etc.
7. Experience with systems and information security standards and implementation across heterogeneous environments.
8. Ability to plan and manage concurrent tasks, assignments, projects, and deadlines.
9. Ability to work independently and creatively, learn quickly, and solve complex problems in high-pressure situations.
10. Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in both verbal and written formats.
11. Strong organizational, administrative and documentation skills.
12. Experience working as a member of a project team.
13. Ability to provide outstanding customer service to all college constituencies.
14. Maintain and administer databases, including daily monitoring, troubleshooting and performance analysis.
15. Collect, review, and analyze system data for capacity and planning purposes and recommend the appropriate course of action.
16. Participate in database design reviews; troubleshoot database defects and deploy timely fixes; maintain regular and proactive database patches, updates and performance enhancements.
17. Write and maintain comprehensive documentation, including database dependencies, database inventory, basic database troubleshooting, and daily database operations documents.
To apply for this position, please visit
DBA FYI Center