To see other DBA job opportunities,
please visit http://dba.fyicenter.com/
Senior Database Administrator
1. Develops, implements and maintains complex operating environments and database management systems.
2. Performs engineering of moderate to high complexity in the Production and Lab environments.
3. Acts as database architect and contributes to architectural decisions.
4. Develops systems testing strategies, plans, cases and conditions; monitors testing efforts; tests complex operating environments and database management systems in compliance with testing standards.
5. Defines and recommends solutions to capacity issues; conducts system or database performance monitoring and tuning.
6. Analyzes complex technical and/or Level 2 system problems; designs and implements effective solutions.
7. Accountable for hardware and/or software research and evaluation.
8. Creates and implements technical and product standards and procedures.
9. Directly responsible for projects or subprojects; leads projects including developing project plans, assigning tasks and facilitating team process; provides input to performance appraisals; may write appraisals under the direct supervision of manager.
10. Consults on complex technical issues.
11. Depicts highly complex ideas, issues and designs to varied audiences; communicates project objectives, scope and direction to project team.
BS/BA in computer science or other technical discipline. 5- 7 years DB experience.
* MS SQL Server 2008R2 Database Administrator with strong enterprise database architecture skills.
* Expertise in designing, implementing and maintaining High Availability solutions (Clustering, Log Shipping).
* Expertise in core SQL Server concepts - performance monitoring/tuning, replication, partitioning.
* Expertise in all aspects of SQL Server database security; familiarity with security best practices.
* Expertise with design and implementation of both OLTP and OLAP database solutions.
To apply for this position, please visit
DBA FYI Center