To see other DBA job opportunities,
please visit http://dba.fyicenter.com/
- Setup, configure and write scripts/programs for maintenance of the database environment; this includes server-wide maintenance, database maintenance, table/object maintenance and job maintenance to monitor and preserve database server’s health, and to ensure server’s high availability and problem alertness.
- Analyze and monitor the performance statistics of production databases based on data gathered from maintenance processes running against production server, including periodical review on thresholds against the loads on the server as the basis for capacity planning.
- Analyze, identify and troubleshoot issues with databases by investigating the nature of these issues, whether encountered in production or reported by customers/users. Determine the problems by categorizing them by known database errors and bugs, and newly encountered database problems related to production processes.
- Fix complex problems, such as database corruption. Work closely with management, peers, database users, application developers and network administrators/engineers to provide direction in identifying and resolving database-related issues.
• BS or MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related technical discipline
• Minimum of 7 years administering MySQL Server in a mission critical environment
• Expert at troubleshooting MySQL related issues (lock contention, high load, slow queries, performance, etc) and identifying root cause
To apply for this position, please visit
DBA FYI Center