To see other DBA job opportunities,
please visit http://dba.fyicenter.com/
Jr. Oracle DBA
* Managing day-to-day Oracle DBA administration and duties, i.e. execute DML statements, PL/SQL, user account management.
* Proactive monitoring and proactive maintenance of Oracle databases.
* Responsible for executing non production and production rollouts.
* Administer backup, restore and disaster recovery operations for databases.
* Responsible to maintain interfaces between multiple databases.
* Perform additional support tasks and projects including creating support documentation, coordinating with support vendors, preventative maintenance of equipment, and inventory of hardware/software.
* Installation, creation, upgrading, patching, and migration of Oracle databases in HP, SUN, AIX and Windows environments. Create physical data structure from either vendor supplied data base design or custom data base design for all environments.
* Maintain knowledge and proficiency of current and upcoming hardware/software technologies.
* Maintain database security, monitor database for performance issues etc.
* Effectively communicate with Management, business units, and end users to document specifications for each application or database project.
* Minimum 2 years of information technology experience is required. (Internships or projects will be accepted)
* 2 years of Oracle database administrations experience on UNIX platform highly preferred.
* Working knowledge of AIX /UNIX/HP operating system, utilities, file system, kernel, memory management, security, and devices as they relate to the Oracle database.
* Shell script writing ability.
* Bachelor's Degree or 2 years of IT experience in the database field or in a related area with knowledge of UNIX AIX and Windows operating systems, knowledge of standard concepts, practices, and procedures within database field.
To apply for this position, please visit
DBA FYI Center