To see other DBA job opportunities,
please visit http://dba.fyicenter.com/
· Install and configure moderately complex databases in a UNIX/Linux server based environment.
· Facilitate database backup and recovery as well as documenting and testing all backup and recovery procedures.
· Manage all levels of database security and integrity, transaction activity and utilization.
· Manage all database administration-related performance issues (e.g., memory, disk connection, etc.).
· Create and document policies, procedures, and standards related to database administration and management.
· Participate in database, query and object tuning and optimization.
· Provide advice, support, and guidance to programmers, developers and other DBA's staff.
· Recommend user access requirements based on analysis of system function and end user service needs.
· Provide primary problem management support by receiving, troubleshooting, and solving the daily problems reported by internal customers.
· Create and maintain complete documentation necessary for computer system validation.
· Develop database tool and scripts to support internal customers and departmental strategies.
· Research and assist with implementing advanced database features (e.g. RAC, Data Guard, GoldenGate, Advanced Security, Partitioning, etc.).
· Industry experience with Oracle running on a UNIX/Linux environment including related query programming, development tools and scripting languages.
· Experience with Oracle Application Express is a plus.
· Strong task/timeline oriented skills necessary to ensure projects are completed in a timely and accurate manner.
· Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with coworkers, managers and clients.
· Highly prefer a Bachelor's degree in computer science or equivalent
· 3-5 years Oracle DBA experience (Oracle version 10 or above running on UNIX/Linux).
· 3-5 years experience using related database tools for query programming and/or development (SQL and PL/SQL) and server scripting (korn/bash shell).
· This position may be filled as an Oracle DBA II or Senior Oracle DBA depending on education and experience.
To apply for this position, please visit
DBA FYI Center