To see other DBA job opportunities,
please visit http://dba.fyicenter.com/
Oracle Database Administrator
The Senior Oracle Database Administrator is responsible for the administration, installation, configuration, support and maintenance of all database components. The Sr. DBA analyzes the overall database environment, identifies trends in database operation and evaluates the impact on the existing environment. The Sr. DBA must keep apprised of emerging technologies and packaged solutions pertaining to Database Technology and act as specialist with regard to RDBMS kernel and support tools. This resource must work independently in an analytical and troubleshooting role and is expected to make critical decisions affecting service levels. These decisions must be timely as any errors can cause substantial delay, expense, and/or disruption of service. Expert knowledge in performance tuning and database upgrade procedures is required. Expertise with OBIEE is a major plus.
* Ensure all database related problems assigned by the Database Services Lead are resolved in a timely manner to minimize user impact
* Coordinates and performs Oracle Database Installation and Upgrades
* Executes Cloning procedure in support of the Instance Management Strategy
* Manage and Control Security
* Develops/Documents procedures and scripts to automate the all project database environments
* Train and mentor junior team members
* Support Maintenance Outages throughout the year
* On-Call Support for project/production environment
* Manage individuals including assigning work tasks, and monitoring performance, advice, and guidance on work-related problems.
* Provide Infrastructure Lead status reports on assigned database activities and projects
* Performs other related duties as assigned.
* This position requires a 10% of travel per year.
To apply for this position, please visit
DBA FYI Center