To see other DBA job opportunities,
please visit http://dba.fyicenter.com/
* Research problem tickets to resolve data, setup, and code issues to provide responsive correction of issues.
* Assist in prioritization of enhancement and defect resolution.
* Monitor automated system alerts, log files, and other monitoring tool output.
* Design and develop emergency patches to address critical production issues.
* Manage third party components used in the different MFI Applications.
* Assist in providing support by participating in weekly on-call rotation.
* Interact with internal business customers, operation personnel, and development groups in troubleshooting and correction of issues.
* Manage development, quality assurance and production application environments, working closely with operations personnel, to honor application Service Level Agreements (SLA).
* Perform root cause analysis on issues that lead to implementation of processes to prevent repetitive issues.
* Conduct analysis on issues that lead to implementation of processes to prevent repetitive issues.
* Work on projects to better improve Production Support model and processes.
* BS Degree in Computer Science or other related engineering field
* 2 years experience in a database developer role
* At least 3-5 years of SQL experience.
* Excellent diagnostic, debugging, and problem solving skills
* Understanding of servers, networks, security, client/server model in a Windows Server 2003 environment
* Ability to communicate with various levels of technical experience (developers/ operations/ end users/ support staff)
* Understanding of traditional software development life cycle and problem tracking systems
* Ability to work in team environment, while being self-directed, proactive and action oriented
* Familiarity with Relational Database tools
of MS SQL Server or other relational databases including stored procedure development.
* Proficient in the use and application of MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook).
* Knowledge of IIS 7 configuration, Subversion or other source control application, Linux and Windows operating systems, familiarity with Visual Basic 6 and Microsoft .NET (C#, VB) is preferred, will be considered an asset.
To apply for this position, please visit
DBA FYI Center