To see other DBA job opportunities,
please visit http://dba.fyicenter.com/
* Conduct system backups and restores
* Perform tape management, tape loads, transfers and system backups as required
* Create and modify user accounts as needed
* Schedule and conduct preventative maintenance
* Provide one-time, as required, and weekly status reports as required
* Provide 24x7 on-call support to mission critical systems and user support and administration
* Provide impact assessment for system-level changes on existing infrastructure
* Participate in technical exchanges
* Ensure compliance with computer security policy
* Participate in outage coordination briefings
* Manage tools and equipment
* Assist users with storage problems
* Ensure proper labeling of storage components
* Develop, maintain, and report meaningful metrics
* Facilitate external monitoring by the ESC
* Coordinate vendor visits
* Conduct and report Root Cause Analysis (RCA) as required
* Ensure proper cable management
* Maintain system documentation
* Assist with equipment recap program
* Bachelorís degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related technical discipline
* Three to six years of relevant work experience.
* Candidate ideally has 3-5 years experience in Oracle software and maintenance of Enterprise databases, testing and applying Oracle release updates, monitoring, managing, and maintaining backup and recovery schedules for database servers using various Oracle and vendor supplied back-up tools.
* Linux, UNIX and systems administration.
* Knowledge of Solaris 9 and 10 as well as Red Hat Enterprise Linux are highly desired.
* Process documentation and experience with Government Customer programs and facilities are a plus.
To apply for this position, please visit
DBA FYI Center