To see other DBA job opportunities,
please visit http://dba.fyicenter.com/
* Work as an on call resource in rotation responding to issues in a 24/7 environment.
* Responsible for pro-actively managing and monitoring the Production Database environment
* Work with various development teams to recommend and define performance optimizations for databases, stored procedures, SQL Statements and views.
* Responsible for extensive application, operating system and database monitoring, tuning and management
* Responsible for troubleshooting and recommending solutions related to blocking and locking issues
* Responsible for ensuring that all QA, Development, Migration and Production database environments are synchronized.
* Responsible for recommending optimal index creation, storage allocations, and partitioning strategies.
* Responsible for managing and implementing Integration Services Packages
* Responsible for managing and implementing Reporting Services Reports
* Bachelorís degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience.
* Experience with SQL Server 2005, 2008 R2.
* Experience with 2012 a plus.
* Ability to efficiently manage multiple priorities and multitask.
* Intermediate to expert knowledge of database administration including scripting and automating routine tasks through various tools (T-SQL & PowerShell)
* Basic to intermediate knowledge of programming and systems analysis procedures.
* Experience with maintaining high availability (HA) systems and technologies (Ex. clustering, mirroring & replication).
* Experience with disaster recovery (DR) technologies (Ex. log-shipping & clustering).
* Intermediate to expert level knowledge in T-SQL.
* Ability to interact with senior staff members at a code level.
* 5+ years of experience as a database administrator.
* Excellent problem solving and communications skills.
To apply for this position, please visit
DBA FYI Center