To see other DBA job opportunities,
please visit http://dba.fyicenter.com/
Primary responsibilities include SQL Server DBA activities including: working with developers and define schema objects, 24/7 support, backup and recovery, patches, upgrades, software installation, schema changes and tuning. Must be able to apply SQL database administration knowledge to define efficient and optimal database layout, and analyze and improve database performance. The candidate is expected to be a part of DBA on-call rotation schedule.
* BS in computer Science or equivalent with a minimum of 5-7 years of MS SQL DBA experience; experience with SQL Server databases hosted on Windows server 2008 EE 64 bit is a must.
* Candidate must be familiar with SQL Server 2005 through SQL Server 2008.
* Candidates must be familiar with SQL Server replication technologies.
* Candidates should have good experience with backup and recovery of SQL Server databases.
* Candidates must be aware of various HA solutions on SQL Server including but not limited to Microsoft Cluster and Veritas cluster systems.
* Experience with MySQL / Oracle database technologies is a plus.
To apply for this position, please visit
DBA FYI Center