To see other DBA job opportunities,
please visit http://dba.fyicenter.com/
* Reviews and oversees database environment activity and volume. Highlights issues for concern such as, lack of appropriate resources and ensures that appropriate corrections are implemented.
* Provides thought leadership for database management systems (DBMS) teams in responding to database outages and recoveries in critical client-impacting situations. Maintains call-out lists and schedules.
* Provides technical expertise and coordinates activities of multiple database management systems (DBMS) resources on a large account or multiple smaller accounts.
* Provides technical database consultation on application development, global infrastructure, and other database administration efforts related to specific DBMS. Functions as a decision-making authority on database design decisions to ensure that application solutions exhibit appropriate levels of performance, security, scalability, maintainability, and reliability upon deployment.
* Provides work guidance and mentoring to less experienced personnel. Provides database related technical expertise to application development and global infrastructure efforts. Organizes and motivates teams. Ensures communication and understanding of deadlines, assignments, and objectives. Prepares periodic reports regarding unit activities and goal attainment progress.
* Provides input to development of vision, specifies key performance requirements and defines technical critical success factors. Provides estimates for required database activities to project and account teams.
* Assumes a lead role in influencing client expectations and ensuring client satisfaction in area of responsibility and related issues.
* Reviews and performs complex analyses of DBMS products and features regarding their impact on database performance. Researches hardware and software products, recommends solutions and implements approved products.
* May participate in proposal efforts and create strategies to win business in new markets or current accounts.
* Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
* Bachelor's degree in computer sciences or related field preferred
* Seven or more years of experience in data/database architecture
* Experience working with Catalyst and/or equivalent client or vendor-mandated methodology
* Experience working with differences between database structures (e.g., transaction based vs. data warehouse)
* Experience working with software packages or classes of packages within technical expertise
To apply for this position, please visit
DBA FYI Center