To see other DBA job opportunities,
please visit http://dba.fyicenter.com/
SAP Basis Administrator
* Drive the Application Administration and Database deliverables for ECC, BI, CRM, XI, Portal, GTS, PMM, BOE, etc. systems.
* Handle SAP Basis administration and technical core competencies tasks including SAP software installation, upgrade, applying Support Packages, installation add-on software components, SAP profile parameter changes, workload analysis, system error analysis and establishing standard Basis background jobs and system health checks and monitoring.
* Assess impact of new SAP releases to current system landscape environments, design solution and assist production support teams in deploying the solution.
* Configure the SAP Netweaver environment for high availability.
* Participate in multi-landscape design solutions, architecture recommendations, and strategies for continuous improvement.
* Maintain multi-landscape environments through remote copies, system refreshes, transport management.
* Provide technical direction to application development, functional, integration and change release management functions.
* Lead and participate in technical projects across multiple teams.
* Investigate and participate in new technologies and solution from SAP and associated software vendors.
1. Bachelorís degree in Computer Science or related field. (May be substituted by equivalent combination of education and experience)
2. Five (5+) years of experience in SQL Server database administration.
3. Strong understanding of relational database design concepts.
4. Performance analysis and query tuning experience.
5. Knowledge of database maintenance, backup and recovery processes.
6. Experience with SQL Server replication.
7. Must be willing to attend to failed critical scheduled jobs after hours.
8. Microsoft Certified Database Administrator (MCDBA) SQL Server certification preferred.
9. Excellent oral and written communications skills.
10. Ability to work well within a team and project environment.
11. Ability to operate effectively within a complex, dynamic environment.
12. Ability to work under pressure on a number of different projects simultaneously.
13. Commitment to keeping abreast of technology and sharing that knowledge with others.
14. Experience with healthcare information systems preferred.
To apply for this position, please visit
DBA FYI Center