To see other DBA job opportunities,
please visit http://dba.fyicenter.com/
SQL Server DATABASE ADMINISTRATOR
* Collaborates with other Information Technology associates and functional business teams to build, deliver, and support effective, creative data management solutions aligned to specified business initiatives.
* Creates, coordinates and administers databases, including base definition, structure documentation, operational guidelines, and security.
* Based upon management direction, plans and implements strategies for meeting data management needs.
* Monitors project deliverables, as directed, to ensure project and functional leaders receive accurate, timely updates as required.
* Applies established data management best practices and recommends improvements.
* Assists application support teams with third party application installations and upgrades.
* Produces essential reports on a daily, weekly, monthly or ad hoc as necessary.
* Assists with other information technology projects, as assigned, within the general scope of regularly assigned responsibilities and related qualifications.
* Adaptability - Maintaining effectiveness when experiencing significant changes in work responsibilities or environment; adjusting effectively to work within new work structures, processes, requirements, or cultures.
* Continuous Improvement - Originating action to improve existing conditions and processes; identifying improvement opportunities, generating ideas, and implementing solutions.
* Information Monitoring - Setting up ongoing procedures, processes, and applications to collect, review, and process information needed to manage an organization or ongoing activities within it.
* Technical-Professional Knowledge and Skills - Having achieved a satisfactory level of technical and professional skill or knowledge in position-related areas; keeping up with current developments and trends in areas of expertise.
* An accredited bachelorís degree in computer science, information technology, or related technology-based discipline required
* MCDBA or MCTS certifications preferred.
* 3 or more years of related experience required, including production DBA and/or development DBA experience, current (2005 or 2008) SQL Server DBA experience, and 2 or more years of SSIS development.
* Preferred experience includes managing large databases (1TB) and/or many database servers (100+), 2005/2008 table partitioning, high-volume retail e-commerce, and SSRS and SSAS business intelligence experience.
* Expert understanding of all SQL Server tools including, but not limited to, Profiler/Management Studio/Enterprise Manager
* Proficient understanding of relational and dimensional data modeling
* Proficient understanding of replication, distributed systems performance tuning, and optimization
* Proficient understanding of project management principles, including the ability to respond as needed to complex, overlapping, evolving, and potentially conflicting priorities
* Working knowledge of active/active or active/passive clustering
* Working knowledge of log shipping, replication, and mirroring
* Working knowledge of Microsoft Windows server 2000 / 2003
* Working knowledge of Idera / Red Gate tools
* Working knowledge of network technologies and active directory functionality
To apply for this position, please visit
DBA FYI Center