To see other DBA job opportunities,
please visit http://dba.fyicenter.com/
Senior Database Administrator
* Provide senior level operations support of Production/QA/Development computing infrastructures as part of the global IT Operations team.
* Responsible for standard and advanced DB administrative duties. Including, but not limited to, installation, monitoring, backup and recovery and tuning.
* Manage Storage Area Network Infrastructure.
* Work effectively with team of DB Administrators to maintain uptime, consistency, scalability and performance while meeting business needs.
* Know or quickly learn environment – technical and business through initiative and direction from senior staff and/or peers.
* Monitor application, database, server and network usage and undertake routine preventative measures.
* Build, implement and support Systems Monitoring and Management tools.
* Research new IT technologies.
* Execute and manage project plans as part of a team.
* Follow strict operating processes and procedures as it relates to operations.
* Perform lab testing for ongoing evaluation of software and hardware network functionality.
* Performing Linux (CENTOS) administration.
* Performing other duties as requested by manager.
* At least 5 years experience with MySQL. ORACLE experience is a plus.
* Experience supporting high traffic web sites delivering video content
* Seven years of UNIX/LINUX experience
* Five years of hands-on TCP/IP experience
* Working knowledge of Apache and Apache Tomcat.
* Experience with MySQL and ORACLE.
* Working knowledge of Windows server administration.
* Experience with F5 load balancers a plus.
* Knowledge of Blade servers, HP.
* Deep working knowledge of Storage Area Networks, EMC experience a plus.
* Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures or governmental regulations.
* Ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedural manuals.
* Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, piers and customers.
* A strong desire to learn and improve.
* A strong sense of trouble-shooting and problem solving.
* Ability to prioritize and organize tasks carefully and accurately.
* Excellent interpersonal oral and written communication skills.
* Work independently and as part of a team.
* Dedication and commitment to providing continuous service .
* Communicate well with all levels of management and company personnel.
* Handle multiple projects and tasks with potentially varying priorities.
To apply for this position, please visit
DBA FYI Center