To see other DBA job opportunities,
please visit http://dba.fyicenter.com/
Sr. Database Administrator MySQL
* Desire to learn and advance the state-of-the-art of cutting-edge technologies including digital audio/video, big data, distributed systems, network systems, mobile devices and 3G/4G networks, cloud-based services, adaptive streaming media, and Digital Rights Management.
* A desire to make a significant impact on the world,develop breakthrough technology, and ‘raise the bar’ for the television industry
* A four year degree in CS or related field with professional software engineering experience, or equivalent
* Minimum 5 years of experience performing PostgreSQL or MySQL administration in a production environment; experience should include three or more years of database administration in an enterprise level environment with very large(> 1 terabyte) databases.
* Collaborate with others to determine and deploy database solutions to business-prioritized requirements, including business continuance and information security along with functional requirements.
* Install, configure, and test new PostgreSQL and MySQL databases, perform version upgrades of existing databases.
* Install, upgrade and maintain all MySQL and PostgreSQL-related server and administration software.
* Perform DB profiling and optimization; analyze and propose schema changes to databases as needed
* Proactively monitor activity, utilization, exceptions and database health; propose and deploy appropriate improvements; automate repetitive tasks.
* Collaborate with Operation team members to create, publish and maintain database deployment methods and procedures for databases.
* Collaborate with the Engineering to create and maintain database technology road maps and recommend improvements to service being developed.
* Perform database backup and recovery duties; establish standards and schedules for database backups; develop and routinely test recovery procedures for each database; ensure that backup schedules meet the recovery requirements and conforms to all database and data quality policies and standards.
* Provide support to Operation on-call staff as needed.
* Exceptional knowledge of the PostgreSQL or MySQL database platform
* Experience in software development using Python, Shell, or other scripting languages
* Solution focused and methodical, careful attention to detail
* Solid background using UNIX operating systems – Ubuntu or CentOS Linux administration a plus
* Experience with Oracle database platforms is a plus
* Mastery of physical database design
* Expertise in configuring, implementing and supporting high availability strategies with database systems including clustering, and replication
* Ability to implement Database security safeguards and audit them
* Implement and maintain archival and high availability strategies.
* Ability to work in a high availability production environment where unplanned downtime is not acceptable
* Excellent communication skills necessary to be part of a highly collaborative software engineering team
* The ability to dive in to just about any job and quickly contribute
* A positive and proactive attitude toward finding solutions, meeting commitments, and assisting others, pitching in wherever is most needed.
* A desire to work with exceptional people in a team environment where people work together to learn and to solve interesting and challenging problems
To apply for this position, please visit
DBA FYI Center