To see other DBA job opportunities,
please visit http://dba.fyicenter.com/
Database Administrator, Senior
* Provides technical expertise for implementation, upgrades, and use of database software, including utilities, administrative tools, job scheduling, and scripting.
* Performs capacity management, including forecasting for space, memory, processors, and backup media.
* Performs physical database design and construction according to best practices and business requirements. This includes performance tuning for queries and the database, balanced against proper decisions concerning normalization/denormalization.
* Performs redundancy management, including implementation, upgrades, and use of replication software products and tools. Manages data according to retention requirements and policies, including utility-driven purge and archive processes.
* Safeguards data integrity, access, and availability according to security procedures and policies.
* Ensures business continuity with appropriate backup and recovery processes, procedures, and testing to ensure point in time recovery for all types of data loss, including major catastrophic disaster.
* Provides 24X7 support relative to all other accountabilities.
* Bachelor*s degree in computer science, information systems, or a related academic field
* 5-7 years of relevant IT work experience; or any combination of education and experience providing the types and levels of knowledge, skills, and abilities required. Competent to work at the highest levels of all phases of database management.
To apply for this position, please visit
DBA FYI Center