To see other DBA job opportunities,
please visit http://dba.fyicenter.com/
Sr. Database Administrator
* Work closely with developers on application design, query performance, and troubleshooting.
* Write efficient SQL and tune SQL for possible better performance.
* Create and support SQL scripts and shell scripts for use in daily maintenance and troubleshooting tasks.
* Implement and support database security standards.
* Participate in a production support on-call rotation.
* Actively participate in project teams and manage several different projects at once.
* Bachelorís Degree in a computer-related field, or equivalent experience.
* Oracle Certified Professional (OCP) in Oracle 10G or newer is preferred.
* Minimum of three (3) years of Oracle DBA experience.
* Minimum of three (3) years of strong UNIX OS experience, ideally on Sun Solaris.
* Experience with RAC and ASM database environments, particularly with large transaction volume.
* Experience with performance tuning and troubleshooting of Oracle databases.
* Experience with Oracle software installation, database creation, upgrades, and migrations.
* Proven ability to lead major database projects, including projects which involve input from a team of people.
* Experience with Oracle Enterprise Manager or an equivalent monitoring tool is preferred.
* Experience mentoring other team members and providing leadership is preferred.
* Knowledge of Oracle 10g and 11g database administration required, with RAC experience.
* UNIX OS proficiency, ideally with Sun Solaris, including use of cron, tar, ssh, etc.
* Shell scripting in BASH or Korn shell (KSH).
* Effective written and verbal communication skills.
* Efficient organizational skills.
* Ability to work independently and be self-motivated.
* Must thrive in a fast paced environment with changing priorities.
* Software development skills are preferred.
To apply for this position, please visit
DBA FYI Center