To see other DBA job opportunities,
please visit http://dba.fyicenter.com/
* Responsible for the administration and monitoring of existing enterprise databases and the analysis, design, and creation of new databases.
* Responsible for security administration, adding and removing users and auditing.
* Responsible for executing High Availability/Disaster Recovery strategy and monitoring SQL backup plans and their execution.
* In partnership with Systems Administration, monitor the hardware server performance for new and existing database servers.
* Analyze the data stored in the database and make recommendations relating to performance and efficiency of queries against the data.
* Assist developers with fine tuning their queries and proactively monitor production databases for potential performance issues.
* May also include database programming, utilizing tools like T-SQL/Visual Studio and contributing to enhancements in firm software and processes.
* Provide off-hours production support including weekends.
* Bachelorís degree in MIS, computer science, math, or other science field, or equivalent combination of education/experience.
* Minimum 3 years experience with SQL Server as a database platform.
* Minimum 2 years experience as a SQL Server Database Administrator including production support.
* Experience in SQL 2005 or 2008 environments is a must.
* Familiar with Data Modeling/Relational Database Design.
* Ability to plan work, anticipate and resolve technical and other problems.
* Experience with SSIS is a plus.
To apply for this position, please visit
DBA FYI Center