To see other DBA job opportunities,
please visit http://dba.fyicenter.com/
- Ensure recoverability of data through the design, implementation, and practice of defined database disaster recovery strategies
- Ensure availability of data through the design, implementation, and practice of database high availability strategies
- Establish and maintain the quality of data throughout the organization to support business goals
- Monitor database performance to identify database configuration, hardware, and SQL query tuning opportunities
- Monitor database resource usage and recommend hardware/software changes as needed
- Monitor database utilities to ensure maintenance policies are being achieved
- Complete understanding and implementation of the fundamentals of the Relational Model including Normalization.
- Database design and analysis – 3 years minimum
- Object oriented design and analysis – 1 year minimum
- SQL programming – 3 years minimum.
- Scripting Language (Perl, Shell, Java, etc) – 3 years preferred
- SQL Server 2005/2008 – 3 years minimum
- DB2 LUW - 2 years preferred
- Unix operating system. – 3 years preferred
- Experience with use of appropriate DBMS management tools.
To apply for this position, please visit
DBA FYI Center