To see other DBA job opportunities,
please visit http://dba.fyicenter.com/
• Assists in and sometimes leads planning for the implementation of new systems and upgrades
• Ensures that appropriate backup and recovery procedures are in place and properly executed for all responsible databases, files and associated programs and utilities. Participates in and sometimes leads disaster recovery planning and tests.
• Monitors table space consumption and identifies potential problem areas, which would affect database availability
• Develops an ongoing plan for table and index extent sizings and follows through and documents adherence to the plan.
• Monitors performance and availability of the database systems. Is responsible for implementation changes to positively affect data base and ultimately application performance.
• Executes appropriate utilities/procedures to optimize performance and disk s[ace utilization of the database system including (i.e. Defrag Disk, file systems, backup & recovery, event monitoring, capacity planning etc)
• Responsible for installation of release upgrades and revision-level updates to relational database software in time frames that meet organizational needs,
• Plans the domain/environment strategy and creating/sizing new environments for further implementations of software.
• Troubleshoots production database issues
• Tests, certifies, and implements release upgrades and revision level updates to database software.
• Obtains and maintains a functional undersstanding of data flow within the responsible Application system as it relates to all databases and related applications.
• Documents issues and concerns in writing to Management, Vendors, and Project Teram as necessary. Assembles pertinent information and reports to apporpriate project managers.
• Develops, implements, and amintains policies and procedures related to the responsible databases, including integrity and recovery of data.
• Backs up, verifies, and maintains procedures in the responsible relational databases.
• Develops, manages, and maintains effective and positve working relationships with other departments, groups and personnel with who work must be coordinated or interfaces, Fulfills departmemt requirements in terms of providing work coverage and administrative notification during periods of personnel illness, vacation or education.
Requirements: • Associate Degree, Bachelor Degree preferred.
• 3-5 years experience as a DBA.
To apply for this position, please visit
DBA FYI Center