To see other DBA job opportunities,
please visit http://dba.fyicenter.com/
MS Server 2008 System Administrator
Primary Duties, Responsibilities, & Essential Job Functions:
1. The MS System Administrator will provide support for multiple applications running on MS Server 2008 in a virtual environment.
2. The system administrator will perform installation, configuration, hardening, backup validation, performance tuning, replication setup, and general system and application wellness monitoring.
3. Typical responsibilities include the following:
* Monitoring user access and security.
* Monitoring and providing system design recommendations for large scale performance of applications.
* Installing and testing new versions of application products.
* Support for development groups building and testing custom software applications.
* Writing documentation and procedures associated with system administration.
* Managing and testing backup and recovery plans.
* Planning and administering patch and new version upgrades.
* Troubleshoot networking, authentication and application performance issues.
* Two years of progressively responsible systems administration experience on MS Server 2008 systems.
* Must have or qualify for a Secret clearance
* Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, a related field or equivalent work experience.
* Certifications in MCTS, MCITP, Network +.
* Proficient with MS Server 2008, Active Directory (AD), DNS, IIS, and MS SQL.
* Proficient with generating scripts on Server 2008 for administration and troubleshooting.
To apply for this position, please visit
DBA FYI Center