To see other DBA job opportunities,
please visit http://dba.fyicenter.com/
* Responsible for analyzing user requirements and, based on findings, design and document functional specifications for reports to be delivered.
* Responsible for software product lifecycle steps such as design, model, prototype, develop, test, document, implement, train, and troubleshoot for solutions which include components such as Data Models, Dashboards, Reports, Database Views, Cubes, ETL jobs, and web applications.
* Emphasis on modeling, testing and documenting analytical results. Execute tests to ensure the delivery of a quality business application software product. This position will involve writing test cases/scripts as well as test execution, including identification and tracking issues through resolution. It may also involve participation in developing and refining user requirements, working on cross-functional teams, both internally and externally.
* Participate in establishing and following standards in areas such as development, documentation, version control, testing, etc.
* Conduct meetings, demonstrations, and presentations to users and executives as needed.
* Communicate updates to management on deliverables assigned in a timely and efficient manner.
* Results-oriented and able to work in a fast-paced, sometimes challenging environment.
* Some travel may be required.
* Conceptual knowledge of data warehouse and data modeling with some exposure to reporting tools like Crystal Reports, Business Objects and/or Pentaho would be a plus.
* Basic understanding of relational database structures, theories, principles, and practices derived from one of the industry standard databases. Prior work with SQL and complex query writing is a must.
* Strong written and oral communication skills.
* Technical certification in report development, web development, or database technologies is considered a big plus.
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Analytics, Computer Engineering or Bachelor's degree in any field with 2+ years of business intelligence work experience.
To apply for this position, please visit
DBA FYI Center