To see other DBA job opportunities,
please visit http://dba.fyicenter.com/
Principal Database Administrator
- Maintain multiple Oracle database environments for all production/development/staging/performance.
- Provide guidance and direction to plan, implement and maintain database security and user accounts.
- Project long-range requirements for database administration and design in conjunction with other IT Managers.
- Troubleshoot application and database problems during development phases, and assist application developers to optimize SQL statements and stored procedures for better performance.
- Prepare activity and progress reports regarding database management. Create and maintain DBA jobs/scripts - database & transaction logs, log file cleanup, server mappings, error log checking.
- Design and maintain database objects like tables, views, indexes, database files etc, responsible for database upgrades.
- Evaluate Database storage requirements for current systems and future growth.
- Facilitate System integration including sharing data across databases and integration of package databases with other corporate databases .
- Administer advanced Oracle database concepts such as RAC and Streams.
- Work with System Administrator on database storage and backup requirements.
- Monitor database performance and tune database parameters as appropriate.
- Create and maintain appropriate documentation for databases, production support and end-users.
- Cross-train IT operations staff in beginning to intermediate level Oracle database operations as related to corporate systems.
- Strongly motivated self-starter
- Must be able to work as part of a team, both operationally and on a project basis.
- Above average writing skills especially as it pertains to generating documentation.
-Experience with PeopleSoft a plus.
-Experience with EMC Storage a major plus.
- B.S. degree in Computer Science or a business related field preferred.
- At least 7 years database administration experience with Oracle databases.
- Experience with SQL Server databases highly preferred.
- Experience with Oracle version 10g, and 11g required
- Experience with database monitoring tools.
- Must be comfortable with UNIX scripting languages.
To apply for this position, please visit
DBA FYI Center