To see other DBA job opportunities,
please visit http://dba.fyicenter.com/
* Design, develop, enhance, plan and maintain multi-terabyte decision support database solutions. Implement, manage and support production infrastructure.
* Evaluate new technologies and products.
* Monitor legal and regulatory requirements for data auditing, security, and retention and implement processes to comply.
* Research and propose cost effective technical solutions to address business challenges.
* Perform routine database maintenance tasks including data load, backup, replication and synchronization.
* Support users, tune and troubleshoot data access applications and ad hoc queries.
* Work closely with the database technology vendors on software fixes and enhancements.
* Create technical design and operational documentation.
* Create, enhance and execute detailed project plans.
* Provide technical leadership in the organization.
* Coach, mentor and develop team members.
* Proven experience and technical leadership in relational database design, administration and support ·
* Familiarity with design and development of large-scale applications in parallel computing environment ·
* Ability to mentor application developers in regard to database design. ·
* Ability to consolidate business and technical requirements and model data appropriately. ·
* Ability to apply innovative approaches to solving design and technical issues. ·
* Excellent interpersonal skills (both written and verbal). ·
* Ability to work unsupervised and the ability to multi-task ·
* Excellent organizational and time management skills ·
* Experience of managing teams of 3-4 DBAs ·
* Ability to handle multiple priorities simultaneously ·
* Team player with client oriented focus.
* Broad knowledge of at least one parallel relational database engine ¿ Netezza, Teradata, Oracle RAC, DB UDB EEE, Informix XPS ·
* Database development using UNIX Shell scripts, Perl or Java·
* Modeling Tools:CA Erwin, Sybase PowerDesigner or Embarcadero ER Studio ·
* Monitoring Tools:Oracle Enterprise Manager, Embarcadero Performance Center, etc. ·
* Middleware technology:ODBC, JDBC ·
* Operating Systems: AIX, Solaris or Linux.
To apply for this position, please visit
DBA FYI Center