To see other DBA job opportunities,
please visit http://dba.fyicenter.com/
Senior MySQL Database Administrator
* Optimize existing schemas and new schema changes and generate new and innovative ideas to assist with database development.
* Assist with data modeling, planning, designing and implementing a high quality Data Warehouse production environment.
* Estimate MySQL database capacities; develop methods for monitoring database capacity and usage.
* Establish mechanisms for data backup/restore of relational databases; provide restoration services as needed.
* Develop/Automate scripts to verify and monitor health/integrity of databases and process/load data into Data Warehouse.
* Identify and evaluate tools and services for managing database infrastructure.
* Support MySQL database replication.
* Proven database-engineering experience in large, high-volume, high-availability mission-critical production databases.
* Demonstrated experience with relational database performance tuning and capacity planning especially on MySQL based environments.
* Experience with data warehouse design and processing and with loading data into Data Warehouse.
* Minimum 5 years experience as a DBA or equivalent.
* Experience managing multiple tasks in a fast paced environment.
* Deep knowledge of Linux, MySQL tuning and performance optimization.
* Experience providing support in a 24x7 environment and willing to be on-call for production escalations.
* Understanding of XML and related technologies is highly preferable.
To apply for this position, please visit
DBA FYI Center