To see other DBA job opportunities,
please visit http://dba.fyicenter.com/
Oracle Database Administrator
* Multiple years of experience as an Oracle DBA (10G+) in a UNIX environment (Linux Preferred)
* You’ve been a DBA before, like it and are fired up to work in a challenging environment where you can learn more.
* You have experience troubleshooting performance issues under pressure.
* You've used (if not mastered) many of the following: RMAN, Pl/SQL programming, Shell Scripting, Enterprise Manager/Grid Control, ASM
* You’ve tuned. This includes optimizing monitoring /alerts and have experience digging into SQL statements to improve performance.
* You get that as part of a small, lean team you’ll have to provide some off-hours and on-call support.
* You’re happy to do the little things like schema changes, database software patches and upgrades
* 4-5 years experience
* Experience with database planning, scaling & capacity planning
* You’ve done logical and physical database design for stuff that worked.
* Experience upgrading ORACLE to 11G (coming soon!)
* Hands on experience with data warehousing and a willingness to take on more punishment.
* Bachelor in Computer Science or similar discipline, OCP certification
* Experience working as a coder (makes it easier to relate)
To apply for this position, please visit
DBA FYI Center