To see other DBA job opportunities,
please visit http://dba.fyicenter.com/
Database Engineers DBA
- Install, configure Progress or SQL RDBMS and application server
- Perform regular database maintenance tasks such as dump/loads, upgrades and storage management
- Knowledge in strategies and approaches for performance optimization, clustering, and replication such as Fathom replication, Application Server, etc
- Data modeling
- Ensure quality data creation, presentation, and data flow within QL systems
- Oversee data consistency and third party interfaces
- Physical database design and implementation in a UNIX/Progress environment
- Understand and design High Availability architecture
- Manage Database availability, backup, restore and recovery systems.
- Monitor database system resources and performance
- BSCS Degree
- Ability to perform code and design reviews
- Knowledge related to server hardware including networks and storage devices
- Database design/architecture experience in a UNIX/Progress or Windows/SQL server environment
- Database administration operations experience in a UNIX/Progress or windows/SQL server environment
- Expertise in strategies and approaches for performance optimization, clustering, and replication such as Fathom replication, Application Server, etc.
- Knowledge of 4GL coding or SQL coding or UNIX shell scripting.
To apply for this position, please visit
DBA FYI Center