To see other DBA job opportunities,
please visit http://dba.fyicenter.com/
* Create, maintain, and administer Oracle databases on Unix platforms;
* Ensure the databases are highly secure, available, and recoverable;
* Proactively monitor and tune the databases for maximum performance;
* Install, configure, and patch database software and complete database migrations and upgrades;
* Support web application development, with a focus on helping the team interact with the database in the most efficient and productive way possible;
* Troubleshoot and solve database and application coding problems; and
* Deploy the database components for new versions of our web applications to test and production environments.
* Possesses good oral and written communication skills;
* Contributes to a positive team environment;
* Enjoys finding and implementing solutions to new challenges;
* Sets goals and focuses on results;
* Proactively asks questions and learns about our products;
* Effectively multi-tasks and adapts to change;
* Strong problem solving and troubleshooting abilities, and
* Ability to work productively on various projects simultaneously.
* At least two years experience in a fast paced environment.
* Understanding of Oracle installation, configuration, performance tuning, and backup and recovery methodologies
* Proficiency with shell scripting on Unix platforms; and
* Proficiency with triggers and stored procedures.
* Bachelor's degree in computer science/engineering, or equivalent education.
To apply for this position, please visit
DBA FYI Center