To see other DBA job opportunities,
please visit http://dba.fyicenter.com/
Sr Database Admin
- Designs, implements and maintains databases and database support tools in the
development, testing and production environments.
- Conducts performance and tuning reviews for improvements to large and complex
- Leads the creation, maintenance and monitoring of backup and recovery systems,
distributed data systems, user permissions and archiving systems.
- Develops alternative solutions to complex and conflicting requirements for
logical models and physical databases. Participates in model integration and
- Provides database expertise in the development, implementation, communication
and maintenance of the corporate data architecture, and of data management
standards and conventions.
- Leads and/or participates in the development of project estimates, plans, and
- Provides technical support and training and acts as mentor to data
administration team members.
- Provides data element naming consistent with standards and conventions and
ensures that data dictionaries are maintained across multiple computing
- Works closely with data architects and administrators on the design and
implementation of databases.
- Provides mentoring and leadership to department staff.
- Serves as team lead on large projects.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
- Previous (5-7 years) related database administration experience including
data/process analysis, backup and recovery, and SQL programming.
- Previous experience working in a UNIX and/or Windows environment, as well as,
operating system specific scripting and execution.
- Experience with DB2 V9 on AIX platform preferred.
- Extensive performance tuning experience from a database and server perspective
- Experience with high availability disaster recovery (HADR) and
continuous/workload distribution (PureScale) a plus.
- In-depth knowledge of the causes and remedies of performance issues in a
database from a SQL, SQL coding, and RDBMS perspective.
- Expert understanding of the database systems design and development process
and its relationship to the needs of the business.
- Thorough knowledge of data and process analysis and data base development
technologies and tools.
To apply for this position, please visit
DBA FYI Center