To see other DBA job opportunities,
please visit http://dba.fyicenter.com/
Sr. Database Developer
* 5 or more years of hands-on experience with MS SQL 2005 and 2008.
* Responsible for activities involved in the analysis, design, development, troubleshooting, debugging and maintenance of enterprise, high-volume, transactional systems.
* Responsible for formulating and implementing the team's technical vision, providing hands-on insight into system architecture, data software development and architectural design.
* Establish database management systems standards, guidelines and quality assurance for database deliverables, such as conceptual design, logical data model capacity planning, external data interface specs, data loading, data maintenance plan and security policies.
* Collaborates with data modelers and facilitate interaction between DBAs and data modelers for logical and physical data models.
* Determine appropriateness of data storage, archive, purge and backup strategies.
* Database designing, database performance, management and tuning experience.
* Enforce database standards and procedures.
* Provide technical leadership and mentoring to others on the team.
* Experience leading large multi-resource teams with interdependent initiatives to successful completion.
* Capable of working proficiently at both strategic and tactical aspects of a project.
* Ability to code complex programs and derive logical processes.
* Commanding knowledge of current industry database standards such as Web Services, Object Oriented Development, Collaborative development techniques as well as knowledge of Project management discipline within Information Technology field.
* Capable of communicating in both verbal and written form to the level of published.
* Bachelor of Science Degree; preferable in Computer Science, MIS degree
* Strong database design and development experience for very large database applications
* Fast turnaround in delivering solutions
* Has knowledge of and conforms to SDLC principles
* Experience with data modeling tool (ER/Studio)
* Preferred experience in a web application environment
* VB, C#, .NET experience a plus
* MS Certified SQL Developer a plus
To apply for this position, please visit
DBA FYI Center