To see other DBA job opportunities,
please visit http://dba.fyicenter.com/
Senior Oracle Database Administrator
· Identify changes needed in the customer-servicing infrastructure configuration to achieve the technology organization goals
· Lead the customer-servicing infrastructure strategy reviews and development by performing applicable analysis
· Analyze database & system response time and determine tuning recommendations to improve performance
· Interface with the vendors' senior technical staff/management on critical/escalated database and system related outages
· Define requirements in support of budget plans and make recommendations for ways to improve performance and reduce costs. Develop business cases that support changes to database and system infrastructure
· Develop database and system performance tools and integrate them into the existing infrastructure
· Ensure communication of process and procedure changes to key stakeholders
· Design an effective test plan for any new / changed customer-servicing infrastructure
· Develop full suite of documentation as it relates to the customer-servicing database infrastructure (Work Plans, Standards, policies and procedures, etc.)
· Support identification and collection of metrics and performance reporting processes
· Identify process improvement areas and develop the improvement initiatives
· Determine Key Performance Indicators and infrastructure standards
· Research current industry technology to better facilitate vendor and partner communications
* Bachelor's degree in related technical / business area is preferred
* 7+ years Oracle 10g or 11g experience is required
* 7+ years experience in the following is required: RMAN and RMAN Catalogue maintenance, SQLPLUS, Oracle Enterprise Manager/GRID Control, Precise, OID & Oracle Data Vault, Oracle Partitioning, Oracle Net, Shell scripting/RMAN Scripting, Datagaurd exposure (Physical and Logical Standby), Development Tool (Quest TOAD, Oracle SQL Developer, etc)
* Experience in the following is preferred: RAC/ASM exposure, HA Advanced Replication/Oracle Streams, Microsoft SQLServer, Storage Area Network exposure, LINUX (OEL), Windows (all versions), Veritas Volume and File system exposure, Golden Gate, Ingrian and database encryption, Data Modeling Tool (ER Studio, ERwin), Oracle VMware and Virtualization software exposure
* Understanding of the business and industry
* Experience re-engineering / process improvement
* Strong change management skills; change agent.
* Excellent problem solving / analytical skills and knowledge of analytical tools
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* Excellent presentation skills demonstrated in front of large audiences.
* Ability to create / define metrics that accurately reflect the current state of a given process or operation
* Certification(s) in relevant field of expertise is preferred.
* Experience supporting mission-critical infrastructure in a fast-paced environment
To apply for this position, please visit
DBA FYI Center