To see other DBA job opportunities,
please visit http://dba.fyicenter.com/
1) Efficiently supports the needs of several 24X7 DEV, QA and production database systems.
2) Creates automated processes related database administration, space management, security, monitoring, and performance.
3) Works with management to create development and support strategies for database systems.
4) Designs database systems and data structures in collaboration with software development teams for existing and new applications.
5) Responsible for the implementation and maintenance of database backup and recovery processes.
6) Complete required status reports, time entry, and special project assignments.
7) Master Operational monitoring tools/technologies
8) Adhere to all required PCI/MRC/Sarbanes-Oxley/SDLC procedures.
9) Supports required application maintenance windows, and oncall rotation function.
10) Performs installation, upgrades, and patching of database software.
11) Troubleshoots and solves complex database problems through research, analysis and collaboration with team members.
Minimum 3 years of experience in supporting production database systems.
Must demonstrate knowledge related to database systems, data structures and database design concepts.
Proven background or knowledge of data base technologies such as Oracle, Sybase, or MySQL.
Must be able to handle multiple simultaneous tasks.
Have strong communication, written, and teamwork skills.
Must be comfortable working in a collaborative, team centric environment.
Must have solid functional knowledge of: Unix, Linux and Windows.
Strong skills in SQL and SQL tuning.
To apply for this position, please visit
DBA FYI Center