To see other DBA job opportunities,
please visit http://dba.fyicenter.com/
Admin Database IV - SQL Server
Performs code reviews to ensure that developed database code is in compliance with the above standards.
* Verifies that proper testing, documentation, change management, security and SOX controls have been followed before recommending migration of the said changes in the Delivery Environment.
* Delivers advanced database administration, maintenance and support, troubleshoots problems, performs and tunes configurations, data backup and recovery, and tuning.
* Presents findings and recombinations in a clear, concise and actionable format. Perform regular server maintenance.
* Troubleshoots as necessary.
* Follow business aligned change management procedures.
* Monitors and administers access to the corporate data.
* Prepares system configurations and hardware specifications as required.
* Determines long and short term change impact on the existing infrastructure.
* Prepares and updates the Database Information Sheets (DBIS) documents.
* Plans and extends system capacities to ensure that the necessary processor, Disk, and memory resources are continually available.
* Produces reports and queries on ad hoc basis.
* Validates the findings and results against requirements and ensures proper scope and access to data.
* Confirms and documents positive destruction of obsolete data.
* Bachelors' degree in Computer Science, technical discipline, or relative work experience
Administration and design experience in a large 24x7 SQL Database environment
* 7+ years of experience with SQL Server 2000, 2005, and 2008 platforms.
* 7+ years of experience with troubleshooting & monitoring OTLP, batch-loaded, and Data Warehouse SQL Server databases
* Must have a solid understanding of troubleshooting replication methods
* Good understanding of Clustering and SANS configurations
* Understand and troubleshoot Linked Servers to Oracle systems
* Must possess skills to evaluate and write T-SQL statements
* Need to know how to create DTS and SISS packages
* Understand how to proactively monitor SQL Servers
* Must have an understanding of database mirroring and other H/A solutions
* Backup strategies including Quest LiteSpeed and SQL Server native
* Understanding of Windows 2000, 2003, and 2008 operating systems
* Understanding of instillation/testing of Service packs, hot-fixes, and patches.
* SQL Server Analysis Services and Reporting Services.
* Strong documentation and communication skills.
* Must be available to be on-call for nights and weekends on a rotating schedule.
To apply for this position, please visit
DBA FYI Center