To see other DBA job opportunities,
please visit http://dba.fyicenter.com/
Principal Database Administrator
1. Develops, implements and maintains complex operating environments and database management systems.
2. Performs engineering of moderate to high complexity in the Production and Lab environments.
3. Acts as project architect and contributes to architectural decisions.
4. Develops systems testing strategies, plans, cases and conditions; monitors testing efforts; tests complex operating environments and database management systems in compliance with testing standards.
5. Defines and recommends solutions to capacity issues; conducts system or database performance monitoring and tuning.
6. Analyzes complex technical and/or Level 2 system problems; designs and implements effective solutions.
7. Accountable for hardware and/or software research and evaluation.
8. Creates and implements technical and product standards and procedures.
9. Directly responsible for projects or subprojects; leads projects including developing project plans, assigning tasks and facilitating team process; provides input to performance appraisals; may write appraisals under the direct supervision of manager.
10. Consults on complex technical issues.
11. Depicts highly complex ideas, issues and designs to varied audiences; communicates project objectives, scope and direction to project team.
12. Leads team in developing and implementing best practices and standards.
BS/BA in computer science or other technical discipline. 7+ years DB experience.
* Database Administration in MS SQL Server 2005/2008.
* SQL Server Business Intelligence components - SSAS, SSIS, SSRS.
* Database maintenance, backups, restores, replication; understanding of High Availability and Disaster Recovery scenarios.
* QA and deployment of production releases of SQL objects.
* T-SQL expertise.
* Performance tuning and query optimization; database configuration, monitoring; storage planning and optimization
* Indexes, index management, statistics, database/environment KPIs
To apply for this position, please visit
DBA FYI Center